2009 was a goodbad year for our family. I was going to call it bittersweet, but I like goodbad better, even if it isn’t a real word.
Here are some of the good things about 2009:
- Best Book I Read: The Evolution of God
- Best Movie I Saw: An Education
- Best Laugh My Family Had: When I walked into the wrong building, with hilarious certainty, for the umpteenth time this year; my sense of direction is worse than it ever was—and it’s never been good!
- Best Thing My Family Learned: That sometimes friendships end, and the world goes on, and there can be disagreement and change without rancor and despair.
- Best Web Site I Discovered: HysterSisters.
- Best Party My Family Attended: My best friend’s surprise fiftieth birthday party—if only because she was truly surprised!
- Best Restaurant My Family Discovered: A real Italian tomato pie place that has BYOB and plays great music, like Frank Sinatra and Tony Bennett and Vic Damone.
- Best Child of the Year: My daughter.
- Best Husband of the Year: My husband.
The above list is highly subjective (and completely true).
Happy New Year, Everybody!